Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Homeschool

Art time is her favorite!!


I was so scared when my husband came to me with the idea of homeschooling.  I had family members who were already planning on homeschooling their children, but they both have degrees in education.  I was so happy when I graduated high school with a C+ average!! Not that I wasn't capable of doing sooo much better, (in high school I had more "important" things to do than make good grades.  I found myself really having to check myself...would I be able to give my little girl and our children to come the education that they need?  Well i did some research, and of course in our day in age, I turned to the Internet.  There was so much about homeschooling, statistics, and other things that really striked my interest!! So with ALOT of thought and prayer, Josh and I decided it was best for OUR family!!!!

I picked a curriculum, Abeka, and we started early August.  I am pleased to say Brooke is doing soooo good!!! In one and half months my 3 yr old is sounding out words and doing addition!!! I am amazed at her and all she has learned!!! But the best part is, I get to see it all happening!! In between math and reading we get to go outside and water our veggie garden!! I would never trade this time for a two household income life!!! And can I just brag on my husband a little!! He works sooo hard for me to be able to stay home with Brooke and provide her education at home!! I am really having a blast, and know that the road ahead is not always going to be this shinny!!! But I am looking forward to the journey!!

Phonics w/ art time at home


Suppose to be watering the veggie garden but is watering Snookie instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment